In 2004, the Cathy Young Memorial Scholarship was created to honor a faithful and devoted long-time member of the Clark High School faculty, Cathy Young. The scholarship, at first intended for students who took classes Mrs. Young taught during her career at Thomas C. Clark High School, but was later made available to all Clark’s graduating seniors.
In order to receive a Cathy Young Memorial Scholarship, a student must file their application according to the procedures outlined in the application packet. Applications are available in the career center beginning in the month of January and the completed applications are due by Friday, April 14, 2023. One winner will be selected from the completed application packets and notified of their award. The scholarship winner will be formally announced and given their certificate during the C Awards Night ceremony.
Criteria for receiving a Cathy Young Memorial Scholarship are listed below.
The recipient must:
- be a graduating senior of Clark High School (Class of 2023);
- be planning to attend a regionally accredited (e.g. SACS), two/four year college or university;
- be of good moral character;
- exhibit the six pillars of character (responsibility, caring, respect, citizenship, fairness, trustworthiness), motivation, integrity, honesty, perseverance;
- have a complete application packet completed by the deadline.
The monetary value of the scholarship is $500. Checks will be mailed directly to the college or university that the student will attend in academic year 2020-2021. Information will come directly from the Northside Education Foundation (NEF) grants office on how to receive the monies for the Cathy Young Memorial Scholarship.
For further information about the Cathy Young Memorial Scholarship, please contact your counselor in the career center.