NISD Adult Education offers FREE English as a Second Language (ESL) classes, GED preparation classes and career training classes.
The NISD Adult education and literacy program funded by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) provides English language, math, reading, and writing instruction to help students acquire the skills needed to succeed in the workforce, earn a high school equivalency, or enter college or career training.
Our mission is to empower adult learners to reach their goals through innovative training, education, and learning experiences.
Our vision is to support the Texas community by leading adult learners through a skills and educational pathway that will prepare and provide them the tools necessary to reach their potential both personally and academically.
We value student, teacher, and our staff’s commitment, dignity, fairness, respect, and work ethic.
ESL: We offer ESL classes from Beginner to Professional levels.
GED: We offer preparation classes for the GED test.
IET: We train students on their career pathways to gain the skills needed to succeed in the workplace.
The following must be completed:
- Click here and watch the videos: MyOneFlow Sign Up
- Click here to create an account: nisd.myoneflow.com
- Click on GET STARTED! Create your account
- You will receive an email from Alamo to activate your account
- Complete the AEL 20 Enrollment Form
- Sign your enrollment form, click on: View ESC AEL Enrollment Form Age 18 and Over Long 2021-2022 (PDF) (requires signature)
- Schedule your testing appointment by clicking on My Plan, scroll down to EVENTS and click Register.
- 18 years and over
- If you are 17 you must have a withdraw from the most recent school attended.
- If you are 16 you must have a court order and withdraw from the most recent school attended.
Classes are typically two days a week, morning, afternoon. Saturday options are available.
Northside Learning Center
6632 Bandera Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78238