- Students will work in pairs to design arcade-type games
- Students will think through game design, strategies for success, rules, and prize systems
- Students will run their games at their school carnival or at a family event, such as science night
8 weeks/sessions + science night or school carnival
Research challenges facing today’s scientists
Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO® MINDSTORMS®technology
Apply real-world math and science concept
Learn critical thinking, team-building, and presentation skills
Participate in tournaments and celebrations
Understand and practice Gracious Professionalism
- Students will spend approximately 2 weeks learning about, designing, and testing each type of flying object
- Students will learn about kites, parachutes, paper airplanes, and/or rockets.
8 weeks/sessions (Optional culminating event)
The goals of Project ACORN are to improve environmental literacy for participating PreK - 8th grade students through hands-on, inquiry-based science activities and to increase community involvement in environmental science activities by addressing plant biodiversity in the San Antonio River watershed
October 12 - December 7
Solar Cars is a non-tuition based after-school science enrichment program for fourth, fifth, and sixth grade students. Students will build engineering skills as they work in teams to design and build a working solar car model. Students will apply science knowledge, creativity, and grit to work this exciting engineering task.
Eligibility: 4th and 5th
- Runs 8-10 weeks, based on campus need
- Engineer design program where students create Rube Goldberg machines
- Each machine has a goal and parameters (i.e. pop a balloon in 5 steps)
- Students use a combination of simple machines: pulley, wheel and axle, lever, inclined plane
- Students should have the opportunity to share or present their work with their peers or campus/parent community
- Optional: recording and editing of working Rube Goldberg machines
The club will focus on processing fiber into yarn and teaching students to crochet and weave.
For: 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Students
Space-science related curriculum as an after-school program focus changes yearly, International Space Station for 21-22
Stargaizing Night - a district wide-event held at Ward ES the night of Friday, February 25th for 5th grade Young Astronauts.
8 weeks + Stargazing night