On Tuesday, April 27, only 11th-grade students will be allowed on high school campuses to take advantage of a free College Board assessment, the SAT, being offered to enrolled NISD students this school year.
Registration is required, and only students who indicate on the Participation Form that they will participate in the designated test will be allowed on campus and to test on scheduled testing dates. All students in the designated grade level need to complete a Participation Form to indicate if they will or will not test on campus on their particular date. Virtual learners in the designated testing grade who submit a Participation Form indicating they will test will need to come on campus since College Board does not offer an option for testing at home.
All juniors must complete the Participation Form, whether testing or not. The form will be available April 5 through Sunday, April 18 at midnight on each campus website.
Students choosing to participate must:
- submit a completed Participation Form within the registration window indicating that they will test.
- have a photo ID on the testing day such as school photo ID, driver’s license, passport, or military ID.
- follow campus safety procedures on testing day.
- bring #2 pencils and a calculator on testing day. (These will be provided if needed.)
- wear a mask and maximize social distance from others.
Students not participating must:
- submit a completed Participation Form within the registration window indicating they will not test if an 11th grader.
- attend school virtually from home on the testing date.
Safety protocols will be in place at each campus. Transportation will be provided for those currently eligible for bus services. Students/parents must indicate bus and meal needs on the Participation Form.
Information on the College Board testing program: www.collegeboard.org
Information and practice for the SAT: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/practice
Please contact your campus for additional information.