Three first-year and three veteran teachers were named District Educators of the Year at special celebrations held annually to honor teachers who give 100 percent when it comes to improving the lives of children. In addition, Northside’s nominee for the 2022 Trinity Prize for Excellence in Teaching was announced.
The 2022 Northside Educators of the Year are:
- Trevor Phillips, a music teacher at Murnin Elementary School
- Jaime Liendo, an 8th grade science teacher at Hobby Middle School
- John Diaz, a Career and Technical Education teacher at the Northside School of Innovation, Technology, and Entrepreneurship (NSITE)
The 2022 Northside First Year Educators of the Year are:
- Rebecca Mathews, a special education teacher at Krueger Elementary School
- Ashley Logan, a music teacher at Neff Middle School
- Rebecca Berringer, a special education teacher at Clark High School
And, the District’s nominee for the 2022 Trinity Prize for Excellence in Teaching Award is Judy Hudson, a music teacher at Boone Elementary School. This year she has served as Northside’s Virtual Music Teacher.
In addition to receiving engraved plaques, first-year awardees received checks for $250, and the veteran teachers and Trinity nominee received $500 checks. Awardees also received "Whataburger for a Year" gift baskets and gift cards.
A panel of NISD educators selected the District winners from among the 219 campus Educators of the Year.
All campus winners were deemed “Simply the Best” at the District’s Educator of the Year celebrations, held March 29 and 30 this year.
The celebration has been dubbed “Simply the Best,” because the campus winners parade into the auditorium to Tina Turner’s famous song by the same name.
Pictures from this year’s Educators of the Year events can be found on the District’s Employee Connection.