Northside ISD is holding a Transportation Job Fair for bus drivers from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Friday, December 3 at North Transportation Station, 6323 W. Hausman Road, 78249.
Starting pay for bus drivers is $15.45 per hour with increase to $16.00 after six months. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement, paid training, and 10 paid holidays. Uniforms are provided and there are job opportunities at multiple geographic locations within Northside ISD.
Full-time positions (32 guaranteed hours per week) are available with full District benefits.
Interviews will be conducted on-site at the job fairs for those who have completed their online application which can be found on the HR Jobs website.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 21 years of age
- High school diploma or GED (preferred)
- No record of DWI or convictions for the past 10 years and acceptable driving record according to the Texas Department of Public Safety standards (driving record will be verified)
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective behavior management skills with students of all ages
References are required, one of which must be a current or immediate past supervisor. Friends and relatives should not be used as references.
Candidates must also successfully complete a physical examination, drug test, fingerprinting, and criminal background check.
Persons requiring assistance completing the online application may receive assistance at the following locations:
Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
McClung Station 14173 Old FM 471, 78253 210-397-0878
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 to 3 p.m.
NISD Human Resources 5617 Grissom Road, 78238 210-397-8600
For more information, visit the Transportation Department website, Human Resources website, or call 210-397-8600.