While one-on-one communication is the best, in a District as large as Northside ISD it is sometimes difficult. Because we want our parents to stay informed, NISD has several ways that parents and other interested citizens can stay informed about the successes and challenges of San Antonio’s premier school district of choice, as well as find out news about their children’s schools.
- SchoolMessenger sends text message, email, and voice mail alerts to parents who sign up for an account. Alerts come from students’ schools or from the District. To sign up or to modify your notification preferences, visit go.schoolmessenger.com. To change your contact information you must contact your child’s school. If you have multiple children, you only need to contact one campus.
- Home Access Center (HAC) is a secure website that allows parents access to their children’s current and historical grades, attendance records, and standardized test results. Parents can also make online payments for meal accounts.
- Schoology. The District utilizes a robust Learning Management System (LMS) that provides a connection between teachers, students, and parents. With a Schoology parent account, you are able to access your child’s schedule, course assignments and grades, have direct email access to assigned teachers, and more. If you don’t already have a parent account, additional information will be provided after school begins.
- Parent Newsletter. A parent newsletter is sent out regularly during the school year to provide updated information, as well as highlight the incredible things happening in our schools. Be sure that your email address is updated in the Home Access Center (HAC) to receive this important communication tool.
- NISD Mobile App. The app is available for both Apple and Android devices and can be found in the app stores by searching for Northside Independent School District. Once downloaded, users can select which District schools are able to send push notifications to their device. Users will be able to access District-wide notifications, including important developments like weather updates or school closures, school menus, student grades, buses and boundary information, list of schools and maps, etc.
- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Northside ISD social media provides a variety of updates, including important announcements, emergency information, upcoming events, student achievements, and videos and photos of school activities.
- Friends of Northside sends email announcements with links to the District’s weekly newsletter, summaries of Board of Trustee meetings, and other important news.
- NISD website. Helpful information can be found not only on the District’s main website but also on individual campus websites. Current news items, school menus, buses & boundary information, and calendars are just a few of those things most frequently visited.