Ensure families are equipped to support learning at home so every day, in every classroom, every PK student grows in confidence, curiosity, and capability.
- Support PK teachers with creating family engagement opportunities to support families at the campus level.
- Provide workshops around the 6 keys of literacy for families that are hands-on and engaging.
- Provide workshops for families around Kinder-Readiness and how they can support at home.
- Provide home visits for PK students and families.
- Provide referrals and resources for staff and families to help meet various needs.
- Provide community events and outreach to non-enrolled PK students and families to equip them with knowledge around early literacy and the benefit of a strong educational program with NISD.
- Assist with recruitment of PK students.
Coordinator: Yolanda Chapman
PK Liaison: Rita Diaz
PK Liaison: Monica Cantu
PK Liaison: Janeth Albright
PK Liaison: TBD
To get support please call 210-397-8930 or email the coordinator.