Marshall Law Medical Services (LMS) Blazing Ram Fire Explorer Program
About the Program
The Blazing Ram Fire Explorer Program provides Marshall LMS High School students an opportunity to explore the fire service as a career while providing experiences that help develop interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills. Explorers not only get an immersive first-hand look at the fire service, but they are also given the opportunity to enjoy organized social activities, competitive events, and community interaction while working in a professional atmosphere.
The Blazing Ram Fire Explorers are exposed to all aspects of public safety, with a particular emphasis placed on fire and emergency medical service (EMS) skill sets. Understanding that Safety comes first!
The objectives of the Blazing Ram Fire Explorer training are to promote learning, teamwork, leadership, and organization with a hands-on approach that allows the member to experience Fire-Rescue operations under the close supervision of professionals.
Requirements for Membership
- Must be a student of Marshall High School/LMS
- Must maintain a minimum of a C average when in school
- Must maintain attendance standards when in school
- Permission from parents or legal guardian to participate in the LMS Fire Explorer Program is required
- Must be able to attend a majority of program activities (Wednesday after school meetings)
The Blazing Ram Fire Explorer Recruitment happens - usually in the spring and fall but is a year-round ongoing process. Applications are available by contacting Dr. Anthony Rogers, LMS or at the LMS Office.