J.B. Passmore Elementary, named after devoted Principal J.B. Passmore, opened its doors to the community in 1970. Passmore began his career as a teacher and later became a highly respected Principal in Northside Independent School District in the late 1950s. When Lackland City Elementary School first opened in 1957, Mr. Passmore accepted the role as its first Principal thru 1966. Passmore then became the first Principal at Colonies North in 1966 and continued thru 1969. Passmore Elementary was scheduled to open in 1970, and Mr. Passmore was to become the school's first Principal, but he passed away in the summer of 1969.