COVID-19 Guidelines Parent Information
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Nausea or vomiting
When can my student return to school after being diagnosed with, and/or testing positive
- Students may return to school after 5 days of isolation (return on the 6th day) if symptoms are improving. As with any illness, students should be without fever (100.0 F or above) for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication prior to their return to school. If symptoms persist, please consult with your child’s physician for guidance.
What do I do if my student is at home or is sent home from school with a fever (100.0
degrees or greater) and/or any other COVID-19 symptoms?
- Contact your healthcare provider for guidance.
- Students who have been without fever (100.0 F or above) for 24 hours without using fever-reducing medication and have improvement of other COVID-19 symptoms (such as a persistent cough), may return to school.
Updated August 2023