NISD has worked to ensure that we can provide every student with a Northside device to participate in classwork in the 23-24 school year. By accepting this device, you are acknowledging that your student(s) will provide basic care for the device (as shared in the NISD Technology Loan Agreement) and would otherwise lack a device sufficient to engage in the Northside curriculum.
If your preference is that Northside should not provide your child with a device, please visit nisd.net/parents to decline/opt out of a device.
Bernal will continue to assess charges for any damaged or lost student mobile devices and chargers. This includes but is not limited to Chromebooks, iPads, Chromebook chargers. Your student's charger will be distributed to them at the beginning of the school year and must be returned at the end of the school year or if they withdraw from the campus.
Below you will find best practices to assist your student with maintaining their charger and Chromebook:
- Students should not be sharing their charger/Chromebook with their peers.
- Students should keep their charger/Chromebook in a safe location to prevent it from being lost or stolen.
- If the charger/Chromebook stops working please see the campus TSS anytime during A,B,C, or D lunch periods for device/charger swap.
Lost or Stolen Devices
Any and all electronics will be the sole responsibility of the student. Bernal is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Parents will need to pay to replace damaged or lost Chromebooks and/or chargers.
- Chromebook replacement: $230
- Charger replacement: $12.50