Provide comprehensive support services to students who are Newcomer/Refugees from other countries, their families, and the staff who serve them in an effort to reduce and eliminate barriers to westernized education.
- Provide support to identified campuses that are impacted with students who are Newcomer/Refugees.
- Provide Home Visits
- Provide Family support and education regarding student progress and support.
- Support academic growth in the classroom through circle talks about acclamation to the new country and systems.
- Offer training and professional development to district staff and community partners.
- Support students, families, and staff with basic needs and community referrals.
- Provide individualized 1 to 1 support for students who are struggling in the classroom either academically or behaviorally.
Coordinator: Yolanda Chapman
Family Engagement Newcomer Liaison: Christina St. John
Family Engagement Newcomer Liaison: Emily Williamson
To get support please call 210-397-8930 or email the coordinator.