Rayburn Grading Policy 2021-2022
|6th Grade||7th Grade||8th Grade|
|Science||20% | 40% Labs||40%||20% | 40% Labs||40%||20% | 40% Labs||40%|
Minor: Daily work/activities, Homework, Extended Practice, Benchmarks, Components of a major paper/project, Labs Major: Major Papers, Projects, Common/Summative Assessments, Skills, Fitness Gram, Quizzes
Minimum number of Major Grades for the six weeks is 3
Notes (As per NISD policy):
- Minimum 2 grades posted per subject, each week, by the Monday at 8am of the following week.
- Evidence of student learning must be TEKS based (no Kleenex grades/no completion grades). Completion grades do not show mastery of a TEK and should not be utilized in our grading structure.
- Teachers shall offer multiple opportunities for students to prove subject mastery. These opportunities include re-teaching and re-testing for mastery of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills.
- Curriculum Diagnostic Benchmarks(CDBs) cannot fail a person nor are they allowed to be used as a major grade.
- A course syllabus with grading policy will be made available to parents both on the website, along with a paper copy that will be sent home by the end of the first week of school.
- Late work will be deducted 10% of the total grade per week that the assignment is late. No more than 30% will be deducted, from the final grade earned, due to turning in assignment in late.
Grade Reporting Calendar 2021-2022
|Marking Period||Date Range||Progress Report #1||Progress Report #2||Report Cards Available in HAC|
|1||August 23- October 16||Sept. 13||Oct.4||October 22|
|2||October 18 - December 17||Nov. 8||Dec. 6||January 7|
|3||January 3- March 19||Jan. 24||Feb. 14||March 25|
|4||March 21- June 3||Apr. 11||May 2||June 10|