- Andrea Cruhm (Team Leader)
- Jenna Hill
- Gabriela Moreno
- Mariyah Sharp
Thornton Elementary offers a full-day prekindergarten program for students four years of age on or before September 1 of the target school year. Our program is free for qualifying students and the hours are from 7:45 am - 3:10 pm. The focus of our prekindergarten program is to develop oral language skills, prerequisite skills for emergent readers, early math concepts, and to build readiness skills for successful entry into kindergarten. Students will be introduced to the school environment while building social skills with their peers. The curriculum integrates social emotional learning and physical development while exposing students to the pre-k academic guidelines.
These are just a few benefits to enrolling your child in Thornton Elementary’s full day Pre-K program;
- Children are more likely to have a more natural, smooth transition into kindergarten and elementary school.
- Children with special needs will have a head start for receiving services.
- Children ages 3-5 with disabilities are entitled to no-cost special education services through ECSE (Early Child Special Education).
- Dual language learners and economically disadvantaged students benefit more from Pre-K than their more advantaged or English-speaking peers.