Earl Warren High School Orchestra
Welcome to the Warren High School Orchestras webpage. My name is Darrell Jalowiec and I am the orchestra director at Warren High School. I am looking forward to another exciting year. My students are outstanding individuals and performers. This is my 16th year teaching orchestra. I have taught orchestra in Corpus Christi for six years and at Northside ISD for eleven years. I have a bachelor's degree (BM) in music from Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi and have one class left for my Master's degree (MM) in music education from Texas A&M University - Kingsville. I also earned my Masters Degree in Education from Schreiner University in Kerrville, Tx. My Primary instrument is the Double Bass. However, I can play all of the string instruments violin, viola, and cello as well. Our orchestra program is an excellent one. We have a beginning orchestra class (no previous experience necessary), an Intermediate orchesta, an Advanced orchestra, and an Honors orchestra ( BY AUDITION ONLY!!). Please check back often as I am always adding info and updating the Warren Orchestra website.
About The Orchestra
The Earl Warren High School Orchestra is made up of violinists, violists, cellists, and double bassists in ninth through twelfth grades. They perform several concerts during the school year, and members compete individually and collectively in local music contests.
REHEARSAL AND DAILY PROCEDURES
The following are the guidelines to a successful rehearsal. These guidelines should be followed at all times.
- A student will be seated in their proper chair, ready to rehearse when class starts.
- Concert attention will be observed when the director is at the podium, ready to conduct. No further group talking will be permitted during the rehearsal.
- Members should bring the following to each rehearsal: instrument, all music, and a pencil.
- All school books and cases should be left in the student’s instrument locker.
- Absolutely no gum, food, or drinks are allowed in the orchestra room.
- If you must enter a rehearsal late, make sure the group has stopped playing to take your seat.
- If your instrument is in the shop, please bring a note from home. You are still expected to participate in class.
- We will have some after school/before school rehearsals, these rehearsals are Mandatory, all students must attend.
All discipline problems will be handled on an individual basis; however, the following school guidelines will be adhered to:
- First offense: Student will receive a verbal warning from the director.
- Second offense: The director will contact the student’s parent or guardian.
- Third offense: Student will be referred to the Warren administration for disciplinary action.
- For repeated violations and classroom disruptions, a student may be removed from the orchestra program.