Rayburn Parents of Current 5th, 6th, and 7th graders: (this does NOT apply to current 8th graders going to High School) *Parents for current 8th graders, please contact the high school your child will be attending to request any changes.*
The Home Access Center (HAC) has now been opened for you to access and view your child’s course selections for the next school year (2020-2021). Once you have logged into HAC, click Classes, and choose the Schedule tab. Scroll down and look for 2020-2021 Course Requests. Please log in and review. Here is a video link that will demonstrate how to view your child’s classes in HAC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYbXWKjjwUs
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT YOUR CHILD’S SCHEDULE, JUST A LISTING OF THEIR COURSES.
- This week, a Google Form will be made available to complete IF parents/students wish to make any changes in their requests.
- If no changes are needed, the Google Form does NOT need to be completed. Any changes in course selection must be submitted via this "Schedule Change Request Form".
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT THESE REQUESTS IS FRIDAY, MAY 29.
- Changes are made on a first-come, first-requested basis and are based on availability of the course.
- The Google Form- click on "Schedule Change Request Form" to fill out and submit.
- Please know that while we do our very best to honor our students’ first elective choice; it is not always a guarantee due to course availability and only having a certain amount of seats available.
- An explanation of courses can be found in the Course Catalog: nisd.net/schools/catalogs
Those students who are signed up for the 8th grade high school Art class, Spanish 1 or 2, Comm Apps/MAPS - or - AVID (required of every 8th grader) or Algebra 1 are aware that these classes are high school credit courses and the grade earned will be part of your student’s High School Grade Point Average (GPA). Both attendance and academic requirements must be met to receive this credit. There are semester exams in these courses which count 20% of their grade.
New this coming year: Principles of Human Services and Principles of Applied Engineering are elective courses that will also award High School Credit.
THE FOLLOWING ELECTIVES ARE CURRENTLY FULL. YOU MAY STILL REQUEST THEM IN THE EVENT THAT A SPOT BECOMES AVAILABLE. REQUESTS ARE TAKEN ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-REQUESTED BASIS AS THE GOOGLE FORM SUBMISSION IS TIME/DATE STAMPED. Please keep in mind that there is no guarantee these requests can be fulfilled due to availability of seats
CLOSED ELECTIVES: Beg Art (6,7,8) PBS Future Lab (7 / 8) FCS (7 / 8) Journalism/Yearbook (7 / 8)
Questions? Contact your child’s Counselor:
- 6th Grade: Evelyn Crespo- firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th: Meliza Morales-Jasso- email@example.com
- 8th: Juazzelyn Barrera- firstname.lastname@example.org