NISD has developed a "Community Playbook". At JAM we are using this as a reopening guidebook. We will be following all procedures and protocols outlined in the playbook.
Link to download Playbook: https://www.flipsnack.com/NorthsideISD/nisd-community-smart-start-playbook-2020-2021/full-view.html
- What about health screeners? Every adult (staff and parents) who comes in the building will need to use the screener app. On the front door of all campuses and departments is a QR code. All adults (staff and parents) are required to scan that code and fill out a health questionnaire prior to entering the building. Once you complete the questions, you will receive either a green screen to enter or a red screen indicating the need to speak with a supervisor.
- Will face masks be required? Yes, all adults and students will be required to wear masks in NISD buildings and classrooms.
- Will hand sanitizers be available? Yes. Hand sanitizer will be provided in classrooms in general areas of the building.
- Will there be extra signage about health precautions and expectations? Signage has been designed and printed for use by campuses and departments as visual reminders to students, staff, and visitors of the safety guidelines that will be in place.
- What about plexiglass? Plexiglass dividers have been placed in high-trafficked areas on campuses. These include areas where communication between individuals takes place more often (i.e. cafeteria serving lines, front offices, etc.).
- Is enhanced cleaning happening? Yes. Custodial staff has been trained in enhanced sanitation protocols and have been working to ensure all facilities are cleaned and prepped. In addition, the District has revamped custodial work hours to ensure that additional staff are in place during the school day.
The most up to date health and safety information can be found here: