Tina Martinez and Kendra Palacios
TBD...Starts in the spring
Students build engineering skills as they work in teams or individually to design, test, redesign, retest, and eventually create a working arcade-type game. Students will consider game design, rules for playing, and prior science knowledge when designing their arcade games.
Fridays 7:15 - 7:40AM, August - December
Come sing with us! We meet Friday mornings from Aug - Dec and work on singing together with excellence. Open to all 3rd - 5th grade students.
Erica Flores and Ashlie Santiago
3:15 - 5:00PM
Students get to...
- Design, build and program LEGO Mindstorms robots to complete challenging missions on a themed playing field.
- Research a real life problem on a topic assigned by First Lego League and invent something to alleviate a perceived problem. This year, participants will learn how cargo is transported, sorted, and delivered to its destinations.
- Give a creative group presentation of their solution and invention.
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations.
- Follow the First Lego League Core Values.
Due to our team's high interest, engagement and eagerness to be the best. We will be adding a few extra days between November and December. Starting on, November 2nd, we will also extend the time to 5:00 pm on the days that we meet.
Meeting Dates & Time: 3:15 - 5:00
- November 2nd (Wednesday)
- November 9th (Wednesday)
- November 15th &16th (Tuesday & Wednesday)
- November 30th (Wednesday)
- December 6th (Tuesday)
- December 14th (Wednesday)
- January: Every Tuesday & Thursday
TBD...Starts in the spring
This is an engineering program where students work individually to design, test, and modify 4 tools that interact with air - kites, parachutes, paper airplanes, and simple rockets. Students learn about the basic principles of flight and design when creating each of these tools.
Clarissa Valladolid & Yacelis Medina
Meets Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:15 - 3:45pm
At Girls on the Run we inspire ALL girls to build confidence and make intentional decisions, while fostering care and compassion for self and others. Trained coaches use physical activity and dynamic discussions to build social, emotional and physical skills in every girl while encouraging healthy habits for life.
Ashlie Santiago and Brittany Lemons
3:30 - 4:30PM
We use our mind, body, and heart to appreciate, share, and protect the natural world around us! Students improve and raise awareness of the environment through hands-on, inquiry based, and community involved activities. We spend lots of time studying nature, finding ways to make it a better place, and learning about our environment. The out-doors is our classroom!
Meeting Dates (3:30 - 4:30)
- October 6th and 20th
- November 3rd and November 17th
- December 1st and 15th
- January 5th and 19th
- February 2nd and 16th
- March 2nd
- April 6th and 20th
- May 4th and 18th
Before & after school
Our Murnin 5th Grade Safety Patrols assist students, parents and teachers before and after school.
- Opening car doors in the mornings and greeting students and parents
- Raising, lowering and taking care of the American and Texas flags
- Manning the front entrance to open doors and help Kinder and Pre-K students to class if needed
- Manning the crosswalk with stop signs to help students and parents cross safely
- Assisting the PE staff with equipment
- Assisting with running Bike Rodeo
We love and appreciate our Safety Patrols!!
Erica Flores and Ashlee Girard
3:15 - 4:30
We are one of 8 campuses that offers this program! It focuses on "Engaging Girls in Engineering '' through the implementation of the Engineering Design Process, the presenting of weekly STEM challenges, and by providing an encouraging environment for the girls to be engineers. The goal is to impact our students by helping them build the confidence and capability to realize they have what it takes to design, create and improve different aspects within our world.
Thursday, Feb. 15th
Thursday, Feb. 29th
Thursday, March 7th
Tuesday, April 9th (Science Night)
Tuesday & Wednesdays 3:00 - 4:00PM, Year round
Come learn to play a stringed instrument! We teach violin, viola, cello and bass. Strings starts at the beginning of the year and is only available to 5th grade students.