What is AVID?
AVID is an academic elective course that prepares students for college readiness and success.
Each week, students receive instruction utilizing a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, tutor-facilitated study groups, motivational activities, and academic success skills. In AVID, students participate in activities that incorporate strategies focused on writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization, and reading to support their academic growth.
Students should be enrolled in at least one (1) Pre AP course.
Students are able to earn High School Credit their 8th grade year.
Prerequisite: Application and interview
David Varela: email@example.com
AVID students will:
- Attend an AVID elective class
- Contribute to community/social organizations and events.
- Participate in college visits and cultural experiences.
- Learning with college tutors
- Preparing for a professional career
- Visiting college campuses
- Interacting with guest speakers
- Participating in extracurricular and community activities